09Feb2019 Launch Canceled

Hello all,

Tomorrow’s weather calls for 50% chance of rain in the early morning, winds 10-20 mph with gusts up to 35. This combined with the excessive rain over the last two weeks with little time for the ground to dry creates a very messy launch site with winds detrimental to good launch.

On top of this ROC canceled their launch again this weekend, and so our monthly pickup of motors will not be coming through. I contacted BAR and asked them to ship the motors, but as of 4pm today (Friday) they have not yet arrived. Without these motors, most (maybe all?) will have no high or mid power motors to launch tomorrow, and some may even be out of model rocket motors.

Due to the combination of these events, we have decided to cancel tomorrow’s launch. I will let everyone know as soon as our motors arrive. Nov-Feb is always an iffy period for weather, but usually by March it clears up a lot, so hopefully no issues for a March 9th launch. If you have any questions, please address them to president@skarclub.org